Skip to Content

Strahan Coliseum

Strahan ColiseumStrahan Coliseum is the university’s 7,200-seat gymnasium. The name is pronounced "Stran" (rhymes with "bran").

Opened in 1982, Strahan Coliseum was named in honor of Oscar W. Strahan, who was instrumental in the building of the university's first gym.

He coached the first official university basketball team from 1920 to 1924 and then again from 1944 to 1946.