Skip to Content

Flowers Hall Mural

Flowers Hall mural photoThe 40-foot mural on the west wall of Flowers Hall (former library, now home of the College of Liberal Arts and Department of English) depicts the intellectual pursuits of humanity and is the work of the late artist, muralist, sculptor and Renaissance man James Buchanan “Buck” Winn. The mural, installed in 1959, is made of 138 engraved concrete blocks and Blenko glass.