Texas State University Logo
Banner Image
512.245.2396

Resources

Join the Conversation

adjust type sizemake font smallermake font largerreset font size

Fighting Stallions

Fighting stallions photoThe Fighting Stallions statue is located on the west end of the Quad in the plaza between Derrick Hall and Evans Liberal Arts Building. The 17-foot-high sculpture was a 1951 gift from noted sculptor Anna Hyatt Huntington and husband Archer Huntington of South Carolina. Texas State students have made it a tradition to rub the stallions before exams for luck. The area surrounding the Stallions is the university's designated free speech area.